MLB The Show 22 has been out for a little over a week (a little longer if you paid for Digital Deluxe Edition) and has had consistent content updates and tweaks. However, developer Sony San Diego Studio has now rolled out the first major update since the first patch; it solves some problems (such as repeating tutorials) while adding ‘new player images’ throughout the game.
We had to trigger the update manually on Switch (press ‘+’ on the game’s HOME screen, then ‘Software Update’ and ‘Via the Internet’) and it’s likely to roll out automatically soon. Below are the full patch notes (which are version 1.0.3 for the Switch version).
- Fixed a bug that would prevent Ump at Home from making a call in certain situations.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes prevented pause timers from counting down when controllers were disconnected.
- Fixed a rare issue that would cause the game to freeze when balls were hit into a fault territory.
- Battery pressing R2 to see the history of the court will no longer affect the gesture part of Pinpoint Pitching for the defensive player. If R2 is pressed at the same time or after the pitch movement has started, R2 will no longer interrupt the defensive user. If the dough presses R2 before the pitch movement has started, the movement will not start.
- Fixed a bug that would cause a freeze on or around 3B in certain situations.
- Users are now notified when their pitcher is getting tired, when there is 25% energy left.
- Continued balance for Pitcher Energy in 3 inning modes: We have reduced pitcher energy by 15%, but more importantly, we have also reduced lost energy per. This will result in being able to use relievers longer and more efficiently.
- DEV NOTE: You might think this goes back to the update we released on 4/12, where we increased the RP and SP energy, but this rebalancing, specifically the reduction in lost energy per. pitch, will ultimately result in the pitchers being able to throw more pitches.
- Fixed an issue that would cause a soft lock to occur when making pinch hit replacements.
- Fixed an issue that would cause users to get stuck on certain screens when a teammate or opponent would quit before entering the game.
- Fixed an issue that would cause a crash when a user opens the voice chat menu while the connection is lost.
- Changes in the role rotations in 3v3. Now users will switch to baserunner after dough.
- Fixed an issue where the active batter would lose their batting turn if the baserunning user was caught stealing to finish an inning.
- Added a controller rumble when you press L2 to stand in line to steal as a base runner.
ROAD TO SHOW
- Fixed an issue that caused active fringe benefits to not work during gameplay if the active fringe was placed in the fourth fringe position.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the ball player not to appear on the ball player’s hub.
- Various text adjustments throughout the mode.
- Fixed an issue where the incorrect team logo would appear in Mini Season games.
- Fixed an issue that would prevent or cause a delay for users trying to enter games.
- Various crash fixes.
- Fixed an issue where certain award-winning players were listed on the wrong team.
- Fixed an issue that could cause MLB teams to have too many players with a particular position on their playoff list.
- Fixed an issue where incorrect letter grades were displayed for coaches who could be hired.
- Improved Intentional Base on Balls Criteria for the CPU.
- Fixed an issue where All-Star appearances were not recorded while swimming in certain situations.
- Fixed an issue in the rule 5 draft that would cause the user’s choice to be skipped and give the drafted player to the next team in the draft order.
- Fixed an issue where the Reliever of the Year award did not list all players.
- Fixed an issue where arbitration calculations could result in a salary below the MLB minimum.
MARCH TO OCTOBER
- Fixed an issue where player stats were missing after going into a saved fast track game.
- Fixed an issue that would prevent judges from being present in introscenes.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes locked created stadiums when they were uploaded. These stadiums should now be available in the box.
- Corrections and adjustments of various props and night lighting.
- Fixed an issue that would cause tutorials to appear multiple times.
- Various text adjustments.
- Fix an issue that caused the screen to flicker black during pitch selection.
- Introducing the Nike City Connect Houston Astros uniform.
- Over 400 new player photos can now be seen throughout Franchise / MTO and on stadium jumbo thrones.
- Fixed an issue where incorrect team logos were displayed on the CIN jumbo throne.
- Fixed an issue where LAA jumbotron would show incorrect defensive positions for players in the row.
- Users can now skip diamond movie package presentations by pressing square (PlayStation) / X (Xbox) / Y (Nintendo Switch) twice.
- Over 600 new player images that can be viewed throughout the Diamond Dynasty, My Inventory and Player Card screens.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the wrist protector to appear incorrectly in the game.
- Various presentation and comment adjustments and bug fixes across all modes.
- Various crash fixes.
We’ll see how the update works after some time with the game. One area where it is still lagging behind is with a few shift schedules, but if it follows the trend of previous years, they may be updated on Friday (April 15).
Tell us in the comments if you’ve played MLB The Show 22 on Switch.