Fallout 76 is not disappearing yet – Bethesda says it plans to update the game for at least five more years. Big events like Invaders from the Beyond are part of it, but so are regular updates. The latter is making some much needed corrections.
First, an exploit that allowed scammers to place NPCs on the map has been handled. In fact, the whole of the patch notes consists of bug fixes like this one. This includes problems with building structures and use of drawings, a VATS hiccup and several corrections to armor and weapons. Enemies also ran into some problems. Some froze in place, while others like wolves and dogs did not attack the player at all – they are back to bite you now. You can see the full patch notes at the bottom of this article.
Expect more updates for both the improvement and content that Bethesda has promised. For the fall, we will also return to The Pitt. It comes after this summer’s ninth season and the Test Your Metal event.
Fallout 76 Version 188.8.131.52 Patch Notes
- PC (Bethesda.net): 1.6 GB
- PC (Microsoft Store): 9.1 GB
- PC (Steam): 2.2 GB
- PlayStation: 9.2 GB
- Xbox: 9.1 GB
- Arms: The Silver Shroud Tesla Rifle paint now applies correctly to the Charging Shotgun Barrel mode.
CAMPS & Workshops
- Take advantage of: Fixed an issue where cheaters could place NPCs in the game world.
- Light: Diner Wall Light now plays a sound effect correctly when turned on and off.
- Structures: Wires can now be connected to the power outlet of the Firewatch Tower.
- Structures: Red Backwoods Bungalow now has an associated door, which can be found under the Doors tab in the build menu.
- Structures: Players can now correctly place Blueprints that contain Charleston Fire Station.
- Walls: Wall decoration items, such as pennants, frames, posters, signs, etc., are no longer cut into Enclave CAMP walls.
- World: The requirements for the “Complete Different Daily Quests” World Challenge have been reduced from 23 to 22, and it can now be completed correctly.
- VAT: Melee VATS attacks in third-person view no longer cause the player to encounter a black screen.
- General: Treated cases where enemies could sometimes become frozen and unresponsive.
- Wolves: Fixed an issue that could prevent wolves and other dog-type enemies from attacking the player.
Events & Quests
- Public events: Using the World Activity Tracker to travel quickly to a public event that the player is already attending no longer causes them to be removed from that event.
- Public events: Players now properly attend an active public event as they enter the event venue.
- Lode Baring: The quest tracker no longer stays on the screen after completing Lode Baring.
- Relaxed building restrictions: Setting the snapping button to “Collide” now allows placement of CAMP objects without encountering “intersecting object” errors.
- Armor: Fixed an issue that caused Thorn Armor’s bleeding effect to stack unintentionally. To help explain this change, the bleeding effect is now five times the previous injury.
- Take advantage of: Addressed an exploit that could cause a weapon to do more damage than intended in certain circumstances.
- Take advantage of: Addressed an exploit where players could get specific magazines repeatedly from the same location.
- Headgear: The Captain Cosmos helmet now properly prevents injuries and illness from airborne hazards.
- Melee weapons: VATS attacks using automatic melee weapons, such as Ripper, are now correctly advancing the meter for critical hits.
- Rated weapons: Missile Launchers now properly take condition damage from use and they are no longer unbreakable.
- Ranged weapons: Alien Blaster and Alien Disintegrator projectiles now affect objects and terrain correctly.
- Animation: Fixed an issue that could cause water sources to appear to stop flowing when playing Fallout 76 in a language other than English.
- Allies: Allies no longer continue to appear as if they have a weapon drawn after leaving the battlefield.
Performance and stability
- Client stability: Fixed a client crash that could occur when using VATS close-ups in third-person view.
- Client stability: Fixed a client crash that could occur when quickly scrapping and storing objects in a CAMP that had reached the maximum construction budget.
- Keychain: Added sound effects that play when you open and close the keychain in Pip-Boy.
- Grenades: Excess sound effects are no longer played when drawing a weapon with certain types of grenades equipped.
- Sirens: Turning a siren on and off repeatedly no longer causes the sound effects to stack.
- Nearby: Long enemy names are now distributed and dimensioned more appropriately in the Nearby Corpses menu.
- Photo mode: Poses with Dr. Zorbo theme is again available for use in photo mode for players who have achieved them in season 7.
- Photo mode: Adjusted the image mode list so that posing titles and animations are synced again.
- Scoreboard: On consoles, the player’s current Atom balance is updated immediately after the purchase of the ranger via the “Rank up to here” button on the scoreboard.
- Scoreboard: Fixed an issue that caused the “Rank up to here” button to remain gray after purchasing Atoms.
- Settings: Using the “Defaults” button in the Display Settings menu now returns the display settings to their default values.